Dear Local Sports Club,
Each Local Authority is being asked to develop a Local Sports Plan to increase participation in their county, in a strategic manner, consistent with the vision and objectives set down in the National Sports Policy and taking appropriate account of any existing local/national plans. Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council has begun the process of developing its own Local Sports Plan for the period 2023-2018.
This process will include:
– A strategic review of the Sports Function including current structures, outcomes, programmes and metrics for its work (comprising sport, recreation and physical activity)
– A strategic review of the Space to Play (sports facility strategy) and the County Sports Participation Strategy 2018-2022
– The review element of this work, through consultation, quantitative and qualitative analysis and expert knowledge of best practice, will examine the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks
– In addition, the strategic review must be cognisant of other key local and national strategies
– The document will also convey the value of the work that the Council and its partners engages in allowing other partner organisations and agencies to identify possible areas for collaboration.
A detailed consultation process is now underway, and Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council would appreciate your clubs input to ensure that key areas of need and opportunity for your sport are included. As part of this process they are hosting a series of online meetings on the evenings of the 17th, 18th and 19th October with each focusing on a particular sporting type. These meetings are open to all members of relevant clubs interested in getting more people more active more often. To get more information and book your place please click on the relevant link below: