Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is pleased to announce the appointment of Shane McArdle as Sports Coordinator for the Local Sports Partnership in the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown district.
The Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Sports Partnership will be working closely with the Council's Sports Development Office to promote participation, inclusion and coordination in sport in the local community.
The Irish Sports Council have established the Local Sports Partnership initiative as a forum for sport in the area and is charged with improving opportunities to participate in sport for every member of the community.
To date an interim Board has been overseeing the operations of the Sports Partnership. However, the Board will be added to over the next number of months in order to represent the various partners involved in sports provision in the area.
The Partnership will be an excellent mechanism for delivering recreational sport to local people. The key tasks of the LSP will include:
- Building on work already being carried out by partner agencies;
- Establishing a sustainable structure to assist all those involved in local sports development (e.g. quality training);
- Increasing usage of existing local resources and
- Creating and implementing strategic plans for long-term local sports development.
A Sports Inclusion Disability Officer, Phena O'Connor, has also recently been appointed and she will work closely with the Sports Partnership to deliver information and opportunities around sport for people with a disability.
There will be two open information sessions for all sports clubs and interested individuals from the Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown area held in the County Hall on the following dates:
- Monday the 26th May at 7pm
- Tuesday the 27th May at 7pm